#YemziGirl Feature 18 (August) - Joelah, Presenter and Actress from London
1. Please can you introduce yourself including your name (and age if you comfortable):
J: Waddup! I'm Joelah Noble - a 26 year old Presenter and Actor living in London
2. Tell us about the dream you are pursuing..
J: My career goals are endless but if I were to put it in a nutshell - my goal is to create inspiring and incisive content on a very large scale. There's something special about how art resonates with people universally regardless of gender, race or background and whether it's a documentary, TV series or book - I want people to learn and be inspired by what I produce.
3. Where's home and which places are you hoping to explore?
J: I was born in London but my mum moved us to Brooklyn, New York when I was 5 years old. We stayed there for 7 years before returning to London so when you ask me where's home; I have to include both London and Brooklyn. I feel like Brooklyn gave me my grit and bold attitude - not to mention, some of my closest friends still live. Whilst London provided me with my foundation and endless learning experiences! In terms of where I'd like to travel... I've been to some really cool places but I really want to explore Africa properly.
4. We've seen your presenting skills for Grime Daily News, Afro Hair & Beauty Show and even at our event Vibes On The Roof last year, how did you get into the profession?
J: When I decided I wanted to get into presenting, I didn't have any experience so naturally, it was hard to get experience. At the time, I felt I had no choice but to create my own platform. I built a small team and we filmed several interviews with creative entrepreneurs about their journey and put it on youtube. Through this, I was able to exhibit my presenting skills and build a portfolio - then I started applying for work experience!
5. What has been your greatest achievement?
J: I've done a lot of work I'm really proud of but I think my greatest achievement was more-so being able to build the confidence to leave a life I wasn't happy with.
6. Is there an actor that you would love to work with?
Wood Harris (Ace in Paid in Full). Other than being an amazing actor and completely dedicating himself to numerous roles, he speaks about it with so much passion it could do none other than completely inspire me to do better.
7. What are your top three beauty tips?
J: Take your make-up off... properly!
Moisturise! I'd always recommend a night cream.
8. How do you stay balanced and fulfilled?
J: My faith mostly. In such a superficial World and an especially superficial industry, I stay balanced and fulfilled by praying and meditating. My family and closest friends also keep me balanced.
9. What song is hot on your playlist at the moment?
J: ...Song? I've got the whole Jay Z 4:44 album on repeat!
10. Are you more of a plain or printed type of girl?
J: It really depends on my mood but if I had to choose I'd probably go for the printed!
11. Do you have a favourite Yemzi piece of clothing or collection?
J: Yasssss honey! It would defo be the jumpsuit I wore for the Vibes on the Roof event. I still dream about that one.
12. What makes you a #YemziGirl?
J: My tendency to go against the grain.
13. And finally, what’s your favourite quote?
J: "We don't have education, we have inspiration; if I was educated I would be a damn fool." Bob Marley