#YemziGirl Feature 23 (January) - Cherisea Giddings, Entrepreneur
1. Hey Cherisea, please introduce yourself
C: Hi, I'm Cherisea Giddings and I am an entrepreneur.
2. Which places do you call home and what do you love about them?
C: Home is where I feel comfortable but if I had to choose I would say Barbados and Morocco. I love these places because they are very cultured, welcoming and warm.
3. Tell us about the dream you are pursuing…
C: To create more diversity within the fashion industry, hopefully inspire women to chase their dreams no matter what and to always be the best version of themselves.
4. We enjoyed being a part of CMM extravaganza, which was your favourite look or garm from Yemzi SS18 collection?
C: Ohhh, that’s a tough one cause I loved so many but my favourite would have to be the turtle neck leotard and long kimono.
5. This was your first fashion show, what did you learn from it and when should we expect the next one?
C: I learned that I can’t be as lenient as I was but overall it was an amazing show considering it was the first and the feedback was very unexpected and lovely.
The next show will be at the end of April 2018 or early May, it will all be on our website and social media accounts.
6. Modelling agency, now fashion extravaganzas, what's the 5 year plan for your empire?
C: Now, now! I can’t tell you that because then I’ll be spoiling the surprise but know there’s a lot of things to come from my businesses.
7. Apart from following your dreams how do you stay fulfilled?
C: COOKING! I love to cook and bake, when I have the time you will find me in the kitchen cooking up a storm. It keeps me grounded, helps me relax and forget about the stress of the world.
8. What do you see in yourself that makes you an official #YemziGirl?
C: Firstly, thank you for making me an official #YemziGirl I am honoured... I believe my drive and perseverance makes me a #YemziGirl.
9. And finally, what's your favourite quote?
C: "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” - Oprah Winfrey
More from Cherisea here: